Thursday, January 8, 2009

Meh

So a friend of mine loves loom knitting. So I went out and picked me up a set of the round looms. I wanted to share her love of her chosen craft. I can't stand it. All the blasted wrapping, then the yanking the yarn over the pegs with the little hook, then the wrapping again, then the yanking again. It is annoying.

With the needles there is not nearly so many extra steps, plus it is easier to hold. You don't have this big thing sitting in your lap, I don't know what to do with the ball of yarn. It doesn't feel like it is on the right side. My fingers get in the way of the wrapping. I am not going to quit. I am going to finish this scarf. It is going quickly. Maybe by the time I get done with the scaf, I'll like it.

Right now Loom knitting gets a 2 out of five stars.

1 comment:

  1. I loom knit. I've tried to knit with needles so many times and cannot seem to get it. It makes my hands hurt too, so I got circular needles, and they helped, but I still suck at knitting.

    Loom knitting is kind of mindless for me, it's so repetitive that I can do something else while looming...plus I can make a hat or scarf in a few hours, and not have to worry about my stitches not being the same size.

    Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I only loom because I can't needle knit...though I really wish I could.

    ReplyDelete