Thursday, January 1, 2009

Swapping and Assignments

I got my partner. She is a young thing and a Kiwi. It is awesome. I am shipping my stuff half way around the world and spent most of last night after we got back from the party looking at patterns and her wish list and I think I am have a good idea what to get her! I hope to start today I just have to finish a dish cloth and then I will be good to go.

Then there is the Harry Potter House cup challenge over on Rav. I signed up for a few things. XD

Herbology Class


  1. Clean up your rav queue if you have one. Put it in order of what you will actually work on next, etc. If you have time also update your stash and needles lists as well.
  2. Organize your yarn stash. If you have yarn ready for projects make sure you have the pattern, needles, etc. Please take before and after shots of your physical organization. There are many resources online of how people organize their yarn and patterns. Now would be an excellent month to work on that.
  3. Make a 12 month plan of at least one project per month that you want to work on. Please post it in the same post along with either your before or after pic of your stash. Make sure you link those projects if you can.

Defense Against the Dark Arts

This month you will be learning the Imperius Curse: Go to our Group Members Page. Close your eyes. Click on a fellow Housecupper. Make something from their projects page. (Because it’s like the other Housecupper controlling you - but there’s a certain amount of agency, because you can choose what project you do…and also because if you hate everything, you could choose another person - we totally wouldn’t know.)

This is going to be fun. Can't wait o pick my person.

Charms Class


Expecto Patronum

1) Knitting or crocheting as a cure for seasonal depression. Self explanatory. Pretty much knit anything that will make YOU happy. May not be a gift for someone else. No matter how much you NEED to get a beret made by the 9th for your best friends birthday.
2) The patronus as a messenger charm: messenger bags or book covers. Plenty of patterns online.


Fun Fun.



Care of Magical Creatures

Knit or crochet something that will keep the magical creature in your home warm, such as a dog/cat sweater or coat, bird/critter cage cover, blanket, etc.

If you do not live with a magical creature, you may:

  • donate your item to your local animal shelter or rescue group
  • give the item to a family member or neighbor who lives with a magical creature
I plan to crochet Heather the cat toys she wanted. She has given me about 20 crochet cat toys she wants. LOL

Whew. that is actually not a lot, just looks like it. I could do my queue and my stash place in a weekend so I am not worried. I want the Astrological dishcloth for my sign that will be for charms. Cat toys for Heather and whatever I get "cursed" Into doing for DADA. Woot!

1 comment:

  1. Okay picked the crochetcupcakes botch scarf. I have that pattern but never made it. Should be interesting.

    ReplyDelete